Thread: i-pods...
View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 06:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSBurroughs
I *know* they've been out for a long time, I'm just saying I think that's where the technology should have stopped. Within those bounds of reason.
Suggesting that the technology should have stopped there is rediculous. You can't stop technology from progressing, and most of the time, improving. The process of installing iTunes and ripping your CDs isn't that bad. Maybe when you FIRST get it and have all of your CDs to rip, but it is worth it, and it is quick.

Example: I am a 250+ CD person. On top of that, I had about 400 MP3s on my computer. When I installed iTunes, it immediately asked me if I wanted to automatically import all music files on the computer. When that was done, I just inserted one CD, hit "Import" and came back about 15 minutes later. The program automatically looked up all the information it needed to properly label the tracks, and filed them neatly into their own sub-folders under the iTunes library folder.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is, that if you can't work an iPod, which is from a company known for easily accesible technology, then you really need to get with the times.