View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 11:01 AM       
When my car needs a tune up, it doesn't die. But I can see where humn lives and cars seem equal to you, on account of you being a really shitty Christian. Run that car/person analogy past your Priest next time you confess. I hear it's good for the soul.

Here comes a shocker, Vinth. I partially gree with you. I don't think rich geezers should get government health or perscription benefits. My grandfather certainly had enough moolah to poay for his won medical needs and I see no reason why any of my tax money should have gone to him. Nor do I see any reason the baby boomers should get a chunk of my check if they don't need it, but that one won't go my way, becuase there are a hell of lot of baby boomers out there and we live in a representative democracy.

I think people who can't afford medicine should get it from the government. Why? Because I think you shouldn't have to die younger or live with pain because you're not as wealthy as someone else. I think life has an intrinsic worth. That's value found in most religions, and I think as a society we should uphold it. You may need it some day Vinth. You're only making just above the poverty level, and your health is so bad they wouldn't let you serve in the military.