View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 18th, 2003, 08:53 PM       
(possible spoilers? meh, you should have seen it by now anyay!)

I have to say, I fucking loved this movie. I've already seen it twice and I'm still ready to see it again. From the beginning, I wasn't expecting to be able to "relate" to it as much as I could to the first one. A lot of people liked the first one so much because it was something that really hit home with a lot of us...

It stated out with a guy working a horrible, mindless job and he finds himself thinking, "this can't be all that there is to life"... and then he finds out that indeed there is much more. That's why it was so easy to relate to. This new one couldn't possibly be as easy to relate to because he's already gone through all of that stuff and now the story is progressing. Minus a few cheesy moments (ie: the drawn-out love scene) I love what they did with the story. And holy shit, the action in this movie was just badass. The big battle between Neo and Agent Smith was great... yeah you could tell during some parts that it was CGI, but other parts of it you simply couldn't tell that it was computer generated. All in all, it was a great sequence. And then the big fight in the hall when Neo picked up a pair of SAI, goddamn... I was so happy to see that.

And then there was the big freeway battle... I swear, I have never seen a better action sequence in my entire life. That entire sequence was just too perfect. It's really surprising too, because you'd think the scenes with Neo ("The One") would be the most amazing ones. Definitely nice to see the other characters kicking ass.

In conclusion, I don't care what any reviewer thinks of the movie... it was fucking great and I can't wait for the next one. A fight between Neo and Agent Smith in the rain! That right there is an action movie fan's wet dream.

-RoG-