View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2011, 01:56 PM       
I totally racked myself on the end of a railing today at a restaurant. Had I been a guy, I would still be rolling in the parking lot.

I was holding the baby, so everything on that side of my peripheral vision was blocked. A guy was holding the door for a long line of people, so I was trying to hurry it up. Just as I was thanking him and picking up speed, I slammed right into the end of the railing. The completely stationary, sharp-cornered metal end of the railing.

I sort of doubled over, but it's embarrassing, you know? Especially since a neighbor of mine worked there and was standing a few feet away. My immediate physical reaction was to puke and/or tear up, but I just sort of laughed it off and stumbled a few feet to a table and waited till the worst of the fresh-injury sensations passed.

An hour and a half later, it still hurts. It feels like it's going to be one of those deep, sickening bruises. I definitely felt the corner connect with bone, so that's always fun.