View Single Post
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
That's the thing; I'm all for people getting help, but this shit is nothing but exploitation. That it's on A&E isn't very surprising, either. Remember that fucking awful show about those guido Gotti kids? The Gene Simmons show?

It seems like there was a time, years ago, that that channel had some (somewhat) quality programming. That must've been ages ago.

I remember one time being really hungover and my friend's girlfriend changed the channel to Intervention, and my friend and I both just got really uncomfortable watching it. Something about being in pain from the hangover made us realize that maybe watching a show that showcases people at their absolute lowest leaves you feeling even worse.

It's weird, because I genuinely enjoy laughing at people and mocking the stupid, but when people are exploited like that under the guise of being "helped," it makes me fucking sick. Fake sincerity is probably my biggest pet peeve.

That was very funny. Well done.