View Single Post
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 03:41 AM       
First stuff i remember popping in my tape player over and over again was Deep Purple and AC/DC. From there i went through the usual Metallicas and Iron Maidens and Megadeths to Motörhead (which is still one of my favourite bands of all time).

Then i heard about this mystical genre from beyond the seas called Hip Hop. I listened to that for some time (i still like old school hip hop and rap, like N.W.A., Run-D.M.C. and Public Enemy).

And then became the electronic music. It started with that crappy mainstream trance and techno, oh and let's not forget *shudder* eurodance *shudder*. Much later i started listening to hardcore and all of its subgenres. I also like industrial, noise and drum'n'bass pretty much. Electronic music is still to this day a type of music i haven't really dug into, but like a lot.

At nearly the same time as i was getting tired with mainstream electronic music, i was itroduced to death metal and grindcore, when my friend gave me Death's album Human, which is still my favorite album of all time. Now i have so extensive list of death metal and grindcore bands i love, that i'm only going to give you the cream of the crop: Bloodbath (swedish supergroup), Nile (goddamn, they are good!), The Berzerker (you can't hate electronic music if you like The Berzerker), Nasum (pretty much the best grindcore band ever) and (this should have been the first) Death, which is my favorite band ever.

So there.