Thread: Board games
View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 09:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Sounds good Pentegarn, I love Smallworld, always thought about getting underworld...is it worth it if I have the original?

I also got Eminent Domain a few weeks back but I´m not really sold on it yet, it seems a bit too solitary for my taste...

After testing the new factions from the Master Set, I again marvel at how different these factions play. One focusses on formation, another on magic, yet another is a speedy rush-faction which could go up against a faction with wall-manipulating powers...it´s just great
Underworld is stand alone, it is not an expansion. You could in theory use the classic races but they would not get benefits on an underworld board that they would on a classic one.

I am surprised you feel Eminent Domain feels solitary-ish. Every leader action you take can also be done by the other players so you have to be careful you aren't helping your opponents when making your moves