Thread: Hey Mitchell
View Single Post

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 11:48 AM        re:
me too. but i guess s&g is just totally sacred for me... though i am a huge fan of "exotic beatles" set. have them all on vinyl AND cdr for the car!
also recently picked up the trogan reggae tribute to the beatles and that's receiving a severe amount of listening around here!
some other similar picks...

nihilist records (a label that specializes in agressive experimental music) has put out several gems... primarily the WONDERFUL tribute to abba, "masters of the scene". that release is so fucking insane! total room-clearer! even better than their earlier "wigs on fire: a tribute to the b-52's". also noteworthy, "kausing a kommotion: a tribute to madonna". crazy shit!
a friend of mine dug up a ratty old LP of acoustic-folky covers of kraftwerk! i wish i remembered the name. it was pretty odd.
i also have a project called "the 1981 carnival" which started out as totally unrecognizable/irrelevent solo cover band, but i've actually started forming a band and doing somewhat more "proper" covers. mostly folk/classic rock oriented, though the more than the occasional oddity appears... here's our current list of songs to consider for the next release...

Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
the incredible string band - swift as the wind
hasil adkins - no more hot dogs
tommy james & the shondells - crystal blue persuasion
Iron Maiden - The Loneliness Of THe Long-Distance Runner
Spirogyra - Old Boot Wine
willie nelson - always on my mind
amon duul ii - luzifers ghilom (instrumental)
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
yma sumac - sauma
phil collins - that's all
Bolt Thrower - War
Prince - Raspberry Beret
Roy Orbison - Cryin'
new order - round & round
goblin - la danza
Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Brian Eno - Some Of Them Are Old
comus - in the lost queen's eye
Sparks - The Number One Song In Heaven
"strange and beautiful music from the films of the brothers quay" - pursuit of the object
joy division - she's lost control

*we're saving all the simon & garfunkel songs we know for an entire album devoted to those lovely fellows*