View Single Post
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:09 AM       
I bought that thing. Art is horrible, like most of Vertigo's early stuff from like 1991. It's at a level where it's ugly enough to annoy me when reading it :O
The writing is sorta Neil Gaiman-ish in the sense that he never shuts the fuck up. BLABLABLABLA INNER THOUGHTS BLABLA LONG BOGUS EXPLANATIONS BLABLA and then I forget what's going on half the time and you can't look at the art to remind you because it looks like it was done entirely with a ball-point pen.

I liked the ones done by Ennis/Dillon better but still nothing that would make me read Constantine and God knows it would be easy since like 1/5th of the comics on sale in the huge crap box at the used book store seems to be Hellblazer issues.
Like, I don't even think they accept any more comics, they just sell until they finally get rid of it all and all that's left is crap from the early 90s...

Anyways I did like that part with the fat dude eating constantly but still drying up like a fig and dying of starvation. Very post-modern.