Thread: Need bad advice
View Single Post
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 11:02 PM       
Because MLE asked, and because the genuine angst has arrived like you knew it would:

We didn't go out the following night because we were all way tired from staying up so late the first time. I called her a couple of days later to make plans for Sunday and she was fairly enthusiastic about it. The idea was to meet by my place at and walk to a club where some of my friends were performing.

No call, no show. I left a message then 15 minutes later sent a text. Headed to the club by myself, then after a half hour she finally called back and said "I just remembered we had plans tonight. I've been on the phone for the past hour with my sister, she's going through a bad breakup. If you'll still be there for a while, I can still come meet you." Ok, better late than never.

After another five minutes, she sends a text, "Are you depending on me for anything tonight - company, a ride? I'm really tired but could rally if you need." Obviously I said no, that's ok, we'll go out another time, give me a call one of these days.

Waited three days, kicking myself for not just saying that I would call her. Finally did call her this afternoon cause I have a show opening tomorrow and wanted to invite her. Left message in the afternoon, asked her to call back this evening after I got home. No call back. Tried again a little bit ago, no answer. Not sure if I should leave another message or text or what. The first time I called her a couple weeks ago, it took her five days to check her voice mail, so I don't know if she's even aware I tried to reach her.

I'm so frustrated because all of the signs she's given me when we've actually spoken have been good. It's only this telephone silence that's eating at me, not being able to reach her or having any idea why she's not calling back. She shouldn't have any reason to be avoiding me.

So, quick, advice. Text tonight before bedtime, or wait until tomorrow and try again? Does it even matter?

Edit: fuck it, I sent a text. I've done all I can now. I just need to figure out some way to stop being so damn frustrated about this because it's not as big a deal as it feels like.

Edit 2: Ok, I feel better. All it takes is thinking about other women instead.