View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM       
I think the congress is polling this low because it was elected to say:

"The war in Iraq was a mistake. The country allowed itself to be snookered by an administration of criminal bastards and thugs who took advantage of our collective fear and are destroying our country. They treat america as their personal posession and the laugh at the law. Stop them now!"

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think, and I think any halfway telegenic candidate who stood up and said it could have a majority of the country behind them.

I also think we may be at a moment when the vast beast that is the people may be smarter than the media, who's only bias is for the easiest stupidest story.

AND I don't think making the case that the President and Vice President of America are criminals is comparable to a flag burning or anti gay marriage amendment. I think our country is in desperate trouble because we have allowed an imperial presidency and if we do not call it to account as a country like we did with Nixon then we are saying it's okay and precedent is set.

I don't care if your point of attack is torture or spying without warrants on American citizens or falsifying the case for war, and frankly if the media wants to cover the story as "Secret leprechaun Kucinich thinks Cheney is Alien", fuck 'em.

I think these guys are criminals, Kevin. Seriously, I do. I think they have shat all over everything I ever learned in civics class and laughed while they did it. I don't think it's okay. And I think a lot of Americans are looking at where are country is right now on any number of fronts and what a god awful mess has been made of everything this administration touched and are thinking the same thing. I hope so.