Thread: Bioshock
View Single Post
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 09:27 AM        Bioshock
I played this for 360 a while ago and had a huge boner for it. Last week I finally got a computer brawny enough to handle it and I finally beat it.

And...I don't get it?

How come the levels take such a serious dive in quality after Fort Frolic? How come the final boss fight is so anti-climactic? How come only the ending scene is so good-looking? How come the game unceremoniously dumps you back at the title screen afterwards? How come the learning curve morphs into an acute angle somewhere around the Big Daddy factory? What the fuck is up with the picture-taking system, why do I keep losing my bonuses, how the fuck far along am I with that one particular enemy, WHY IS THE GAME GIVING ME OBJECTIVES FROM THREE HOURS AGO.

And I have a serious question here:

I gathered he was born and sent to the real world two years before the game? Right? And he was genetically altered to age rapidly, right? So he basically ages on a 10:1 ratio, and according to the good ending, he gets all those little sisters as a makeshift family? Only, on his deathbed, they're all graduating college, making them 22 at the very least...which (assuming they're 8 years old at the time of the game, why not) means at least 14 years have gone by, making him at least 160 years old on his deathbed. I guess those very same genetic modifications could also make him live very, very long but that's outrageous and I will repeal it.

I'm sorry, I was just really excited for playing through this game and I'm utterly shocked it got so, uh, bad.