Thread: Bioshock
View Single Post
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 03:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I don't see what's so hard to understand about that concept either. It's not the first time it's shown up in sci-fi and it certainly won't be the last.
I get that, it's just part of the reason I don't really like science fiction. Sure, I can roll with that whole "UH, THAT'S JUST HOW IT IS," but for a game being as hyped as this one is, game of the year, being touted as high literature that borrows heavily from Ayn Rand's objectivist writings, it'd be kind of a disservice not to ask a few questions.

It's not like I didn't like the game, it's that I got tremendously bored on my way out of Fort Frolic and that it never really picked up afterward. Sure, the story was still moving along, but I thought the level design was incredible until that point and never again after. I think of this game in the same way I think of Silent Hill, where the combat and gameplay are really secondary to the story and environment. It just felt a lot more tedious when I didn't actually want to explore that environment.