Thread: Diablo 3
View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 11:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Has this happened to you?
It did, and because Blizzard forced me to use my email for my user name they were able to jack that email address too.

While I was able to recover everything, there was still a violation of security that I have never experienced in any other user account/password game in my entire life. Unacceptable in my opinion. My guess was they got a hold of my email somehow (I thought key logger initially but none of my other MMO accounts got touched and some were as permeated with the same sorts of activities, Lord of the Rings for example) Once I talked to a few people who were knowledgeable about such things I realized that it only took my email address, which isn't overtly difficult to get really

The only real protection your battlenet account has by itself it you are in a 'got hacked lottery', so being in a crowd of millions is all that stands between you and account theft minus that stupid keyfob