View Single Post
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:36 PM        Kirsten Dunst, like, wants to cure apathy!
Cause war, is, like soooooooo not KeWL!!!

http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/#5

Quote:
Spider-Man star Kirsten Dunst is heading up a new group of young Hollywood stars who will meet to discuss political issues and try and encourage their peers to take world issues more seriously. The actress and boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal will front the celebrity forum, which plans to highlight the need for youths to get involved in politics to help make change possible. Dunst admits the current war in Iraq prompted her to get more involved and bring likeminded actors and actresses together. She says, "It's not that we're not patriotic, it's just that we don't want war." Dunst feels she's the perfect person to front the celebrity forum - because she was so apathetic she didn't even vote in the last election. She adds, "I didn't even vote in 2000. I think it was just laziness. I wasn't raised in a family that was real political and I'm just now becoming aware of these issues. I just want to be more informed. This is so important and if we can get anyone to be more political, then that's a good thing."
*Scratches, shakes head*