View Single Post
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:09 PM       
OK, just explain this to me.

Sure, they added a couple new things. But is it really worth paying $40-$50 so you can play a 15-year-old game while you're not at home? How often do you play video games when you're out? Because if you're out, doesn't that mean you're probably going to be busy, so you won't have time to play?

Sure, they also added new levels, which are accessable through an eReader and cards. But is THAT worth paying for on top of the game itself?

Re-releasing old games in a new format just seems silly to me, unless you aren't able to play the older incarnations (be it rom or catridge), or unless they revise the game a great deal to make it a whole new experience, and possibly more replayability. Which in turn would probably make the game really suck, because it's just not the same game you loved so long ago.

I bought Super Mario Advance when I got my GBA (which I still hate, thank you very much). They added some very minor things, like finding 5 big coins in each level, and I beat the game in about 3-4 days. Had no reason to go back and play it again. Ever. If I want to play SMB2, which more often than not I don't, I could have just played the rom. Granted, I'd miss the thrilling experience of fighitng big coins, which most of the time were right along the way and easy to get, but that's not worth the money at all.

So, explain, please.