View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 03:11 PM       
Everlubbin' crap, the extra pic with the blocked out address was supposed to replace the picture with the address left in. Serves me right for not previewing my posts. Misdemonar, sorry buddy, but it looks like you might get kidnapped and raped in the near future. I'd head for the hills.

Dawn of the Mummy was really fun, I'm quite pleased with it. It has a surprisingly catchy/awesome Cabana themesong throughout, the boring first part is healthily mockable, and the final action packed gorefest was nicely done. The commentary track is actually pretty damned interesting, too. It has the director talking a lot about Middle Eastern cinema. It's everything you want in one of these campy horror flicks.

-
SPOILERZZ
-

Easily my favorite part of the movie was right before the gorefest/clusterfuck ending.

It's at a huge wedding celebration, when a groom walks in to his bride-to-be's tent, only to find her corpse lying on a table with six zombies (er, mummies) digging in like she's a buffet table. Everybody freaks out, the cabana music starts roaring, and mummies appear freaking EVERYWHERE and start snagging people, chowing down a bit, then lunging at someone else. Awesome.

EDIT: Damnit all to hell, how many times do I have to fix the damned thing?