View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 03:10 PM       
Before I understood and hated GOTIS, I was trying to come up with a username for my dialup. It had to be blahblah combo of numbers and letters and in desperation I used a combo that involved "chik" at the end.

Oh. My. God. You'd have thought that the fucking world was ending the way my family reacted to this proposition. I was screamed at by my mom, and then she had my grandmother call me (this is a frequent tactic) to inform me that "chick" is slang for a woman's private parts and I was going to attract all sorts of sexual predators, etc, etc.

Although, with the mindset they had, I'm sure that any word chosen at random might also have been slang for something dirty.

Anyone I talked to online was not "real". It was like this magical world of make-believe where nothing that happened had any bearing on the outside world. There was some hypocrisy to this, though. If someone sent me anything, it was immediately regarded as some sort of token intended to lure me into something sexual.

I can see how it must have been scary to be a parent and be new to the internet, but some of the things they did were quite