View Single Post
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:27 PM       
This post is kinda out of context, becuase i made it on another board:

"Ok I see that there is alotta anti-smoking sentiment out there, so i'll play devil's advocate here, eventhough i don't smoke and i dislike many people who do.

I think it's pretty ignorant to say that people are stupid and whatnot for smoking. Just because we are overrun by media and everything telling us that smoking is bad it's not really affecting you as much as you think. I really don't like campaigns like TRUTH that take a few facts out of context and skew things for there own purposes. I think that propoganda is a cliche word, but that's exactly what truth is, no more no less. I've read tons of articles that each give a different number and effects of second hand smoke. I really don't like knowing that alotta sutff out there that i read is either not true or skewed.

Other countries and cultures don't hold Smoking at such a horrible level. If you go to europe or asia, you don't get smoldered with anti smoking laws, and it isn't looked down upon that much. My dad started smoking while he was living in yemen, he moved to germany and other places, not getting any guff about it. Even here till a few years ago, people weren't told not to smoke in bars and other places. I mean the emloyees at our store smoke out in the front right out side one there breaks, now if a customer comes up and asks them to put it out, eventhough they won't be within 3 feet of the smoker for more than a second, what should the smoker do?

I really dislike how smokers can't go anywhere to smoke. There's laws someplaces that if a neighbor is "disturbed" by a smokers fumes they can ask them not to smoke. Now if i was pissed off at my smoking neighbor for not mowing his lawn or some other frivilouse thing, I can just tell him to stop smoking in his house. It might be that exact same scenario but there probably are ways laws like these can be abused. Also the tobacco industry was almost completely crippled by one lawsuit which awarded the family of dead smoker millions of dollars because there loved one died of lung cancer caused by smoking. I don't the tobacco company is nice or anything, but i think it's more wrong to destroy an industry...

The smokers are the most discriminated against people. Law after law passes limiting there actions that annoy some people. Tax after tax accumulates to try to keep people from smoking, eventhough the people who need to will by them anyways by any means necessary. the money just goes to politcians and they know it. They can't smoke in resturaunts outta resturaunts, in virtually any building anymore and many times even on the street.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, seriously, just try to see it both ways and just walk away any time you want to get away from the smoke of a cigarette. I mean it's not like the smoke will be spreading exponentially through the sky and you probably wont be around a crows of 50 people strategically placed so you can't escape the smoke.

Just as a synopsis Smokers aren't stupid ignorant punk kids, People of every kind smoke, and discriminating against them and segregating them isn't the only answers, it's just the one people find the easiest..."