View Single Post

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 04:53 PM       
I just finally saw the movie. Quick review: wasn't expecting much and knew what to expect, so enjoyed myself reasonably. Hayden Christinsensensonsen is still a terrible actor, or to be more kind, he is not nearly ready to carry such a big role. Lucas is still awful at writing dialogue and surrounds himself with foolish yes-men if no one brought that up. He cannot create tension and his in-your-face attempts at making continuity with the old trilogy (which he'll probably have made unrecognizable in another twenty-thirty years) are laughable. His bad scriptwriting brings down the abilities of even the best actors.

That being said, I loved most of the fights, particularly Yoda vs. Palpatine and basically any time Palpatine got into action. I'm no longer that bitchy about Yoda's Mexican jumping bean routine. The Anakin vs. Obi-wan finale felt kind of dull at this point, but holy shit the way he finished Anakin off was awesome. That whole moment would've been fantastically dramatic if Ani hadn't felt the need to shout "I HATE YOU!", but it was still great. All the gruesome detail was, for that matter.

So, I had a good time. Too bad Lucas felt everything had to be resolved at the end, though - I always assumed Vader spent years hunting down the Jedi and killing them one by one, instead of this silly BAM they're all dead stuff.

Lastly, Yoda's mention of Qui-gon at the end - does this mean what I fear it means? That Lucas is going to digitally insert a blue ghost Liam Neeson speaking with Sir Alec Guiness when he rapes the corpse of Episodes 4-6 once more?