Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 07:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
I was trying to be funny.
I thought it was HILARIOUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
Thanks for clearly it up. And you're right that even deaths under Saddam are partially our fault.
Nearly everything important that's happened in this world withint the hundred years is in some way "our fault." We are, after all, the most powerful country in the history of the world, like it or not. Saying that we supported Saddam at some other time is not a valid argument against ridding the world of him.

It's funny and sad to see so-called "progressives" asserting that a government should never be allowed to change for the good. Hearing this or something like it said tells you a lot about the person allowing it to flop out their mouth: Mostly that their political views are religiously insulated from reality or opposing ideas, which is odd coming from a group generally considered to be comprised of thinkers.

There was more I think I wanted to add, but maybe everyone should just read kelly's post again. I doubt my opinion can be trusted this early on a freakin Sunday...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!