View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM       
Actual you are wrong about bum fights. The creator frequently made claims that he was helping the homeless, he was their friend etc. and even attempted to make an appearance to justify the dvd on the dr. phil show(hilarious clip by the way)

I've only seen episodes from the first season of intervention so maybe its changed alot but I never got the impression that they claimed pot was the gateway drug leading to these people's drug problems. If that's the case then fuck the show for keeping a very dated myth alive about my beloved mary jane. And just to play devil's adovacte, if a show is centered on someone who shoots up drugs and their struggle with thew drug how is it explotative to show them shooting up drugs? Its a reality show about drug use, do you expect them to censor all the bad things such as the drug use? And I'd say you Tadeo is wrong about rehab from someone who has seen it work on family members(maybe your personal experiences are different or maybe my uncle wasnt one fo the worse cases but it seemed pretty grim especially for my elderly grandma from my NY viewpoint). My uncle became addicted to crack after being addicted to meds for awhile and falling into the wrong crowd and he basically sold everything he owned, let his house and car be used by his dealers and left my eldery grandma who he was living with to fend for herself and rehab(as a result of an intrvention by our family) is the only reason he is still alive and or not smoking crack on the corner of irvington NJ

I for one love exploitative TV anyways, I mean why else would you watch anything "reality" related and clearly you people who are oppsed to it have seen even more episodes then I have so maybe you should umm stop supporting the show by continuing to watch it which is how it maintains its prescense on the air.

I don't know if you (kitsa) are calling me an idiot or saying I was calling others but thats not what I meant to do. I'd just had a different opinion and since I am bored at work I figured I'd type it out and share it. I'm sorry if i ruined your thread where everyone agrees with you. And like I said I never seen the OCD one and never made a claim that show wasn't exploitative. I'd imagine it would atleast be good for the public to better understand what you and others who suffer from OCD go through but I guess there is a thin line between showing the issue at hand on tv weather it be drug use or mental illness and exploiting it for commerical gain.