View Single Post

Raize is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 09:23 PM       
Once again. Metal Militia provided the correct answer to your problem on page 2. If it is not working, it is because you haven't provided additional information.

Specifically, that your computer was compromised a while back and the: "CProgram Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" file does not look like a "play" triangle with a rainbow of circle around it, and, when double-clicked, does not open windows media player. In that case, you will need to find the binary to download and replace, or, better yet, reinstall windows media player.

If you have reinstalled windows and the problem is still not resolved, I would suggest creating a new user as it might be Application Data settings stored in your profile that is fscking it up.

I do this kind of technical support shit for a living, so you'll have to excuse me as I take the liberty of insulting people online that I don't know, while I try to help them with their technical inadequacies. I don't get to do it with the people that pay me, so I must do it with the people who do not.