Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 10:15 PM       
And it doesn't help much.

For example: My senior year of high school, I decided to give one last try at getting into the Holiday Talent Show. The judges seemed pretty impressed and I felt like I put out a good effort. Then came the day when the list of people who made it came out. I poured over it and found I was not on it. As if to add insult to injury, I heard a guy reading over my shoulder comment to someone else "Hey! All of my acts got in!"

I knew it didn't necessarily mean I wasn't good at playing the violin (my act), but the rest of the morning, I felt like stabbing myself in the throat with a plastic cafeteria spork. I felt even worse when I discovered that several "acts" of the show were videos that the Student Counsel made, including one idiotic one of them dressed in bee costumes, superimposed over a picture of our school ("Bee Movie!" )
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.