View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 01:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf View Post
One thing that I think you should consider is the psychology of the modern world.

We are diagnosing autism far more, we are more dependent on anti-depressants and have counselors for everything.
What, so autisim is the fault of bad parenting? And since you are apparently woefully ignorant of even the most basic psychology, I would like to inform you that depression is GENETIC. Sure, anti-depressants are over-prescribed, but for christssake, my great-grandfather would get so depressed he wouldn't even get out of bed. Anti-depressants are a godsend for people who need them.

Quote:
We even give classes to people on how to be parents, as if lessons were needed.
Because there were no bad parents in the good ol' days. Nobody ever abused their kids way back then.

Quote:
It is most ironic that the people who create these lessons have essentially laid the framework for failure -- in a society where parents try to be the friends of kids they only look like old fools,
Well no shit, you're right on that one.

Quote:
Look at the elevated crime and divorce rates,
Elevated crime? What the fuck are you talking about?! Crime plummeted in the 1990s, you moron!

As for the divorce rates, its far better for a couple to separate than live miserably. People probably would have done it far more in the past if it was socially acceptable. Recent statisics also show that children of divorce aren't any more likely to have problems than their counterparts.
Quote:

look at how we mock Christianity and our high American values
Oh lord, spare me the Jesus talk.

Quote:
look at the homosexuals,
Its the queers fault! THE QUEERS FAULT! THERE NEVER USED TO BE QUEERS! NOW LOOK AT THEM! ALL UPPITY!