View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 06:51 PM       
Consider it proven, then. Be outraged if you want. Please, though, let us know when your outrage becomes so frustrating for you that you start thinking it might be Ok to kill as many people as you can in order to draw attention to your outrage. The bar has been raised recently... I'm not sure if you got that memo. Now that everybody's at least a little outraged, the rest of us only care when somebody snaps, turning into a mass-murderer.

I have no doubt whatsoever Israel used cluster bombs, knowing full well that old dude would shake one loose from his olive tree. They've done it before, and they will do it again. They done it in Lebanon before, so the poor, innocent farmers of South Lebanon that can't harvest their olives and oranges knew this was coming... yet they STILL supported the actions of Hezzbollah.

I support cluster bombs. Torture, too... and not just the playing loud music variety, either. People like to point at the Geneva Conventions as if they represented the idea that we of the Western World are somehow above barbarity now. Well, I wouldn't support cluster bombs being used on France... but the enemy in this war is to blame for starting a war with no foundation in the rules of sane warfare.

Hezzbollah, Al Quaeda and all the other "terrorist organizations" are deliberately shunning any illusion of civility... humanity even... with their chosen brand of hostility. Take control of a country, uniform your soldiers and STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR WOMEN AND CHILDREN, for God's sake! All this moaning and crying about what Israel and the US are doing never seems to find the proper context of reality. Lebanon has been a hell hole since the sixties because the Lebanese want it that way. Palestinians could have had their state decades ago if that's what they had ever really wanted.

We sit over here... or there in some cases... wringing our hands at how long it's taking for any signs of success, blaming Israel and the US for poor planning when goals aren't met in a timely fashion. Here's the thing: The plan of the enemy in this case is to disrupt ANY success. They want stalemate. They want the daily chaos of a never-ending war. Hezzbollah was not thrown off by Israel's attacks. They were upset at what they called Israel's "over-reaction" to their provocation. Why? They don't want REAL war. They know they don't stand a chance in one of those.

What they want os a persistent stand off. They want sanctions. They want ceaseless diplomatic negotiations. They seek the fog of war in order to keep things just as they are... just as they have been for as long as they can remember. That poor old schmuck in a coma is not in the sad shape he's in because of Israel. He's fucked because that's what those that are running his country want all of the people in that region to be. They want people that are totally screwed but loyal, and you only get that by keeping your people ignorant, poor and angry.

We are fighting brutal, inhuman barbarians. We will not win by fighting like modern, intelligent and sensitive people. They hope we will try, because they know that is the key to their endless war. They are not limiting the tools available to them in this struggle. In fact, they are proving to be remarkably creative in their ability to forge weaponry out of nothing. That creativity should not be admired, however. Look closely at how they are fighting and you will see their methods should only be deplored. For their war crimes, they should be destroyed. Utterly. They have proven themselves to no longer be human.

They are not remnants of the past that have yet to be enlightened by our modern age. They know more about our civilization and all it's sensitivity and humanity than do most of us. They reject it, and they seek to utilize it in their fight as a vulnerability. They don't want a civilized, humane or free society for their people. We do. Personally, I want this war over as quickly as possible. I want to see the people of the Middle East, Africa, Asia and South and Central America joining our modern, free, humane and civilized world. I want that so badly that I like it when I see the assholes standing in the way of that being tortured, phosphorized and cluster bombed. Those barbaric acts reflect perfectly my will to finish this and move on to a better tomorrow.

I know our enemy, and they are the enemy of the modern world. What they are doing is worse by far. Cluster bombs pale in comparison to our roping off 1/3 of the world, calling it quits and trying our best to ignore what's going on in there. A future without a War on Terror is the nightmare. Don't kid yourselves, and treat this just a little seriously, Ok?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!