View Single Post
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 10:08 AM       
It's actually quite unique. My friend and i played the metroid prime demo on it at the local EB, and were both impressed. The bottom screen acts like a map, and you use the stylus in conjunction with that to perform all the tasks besides shooting (L and R) and strafing (ABXY). You tap the stylus on the screen twice to jump, you use it to move your cursor on the map to aim, and you use it to click on icons to use things like morph ball and missiles. I think the hardware is based on 64-bit technology, because prime looked very, very nice for a handheld game. It looked very similar to the first one, only not as crisp or shiny. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very nice looking game, and very impressive for a handheld. I don't think i'd ever really want one, however, as it seems a little active for a video game console. It takes some time getting used to the move & aim with the stylus and d-pad, but after a few minutes it can get to be quite responsive, albeit a little tiring to swing that pen at just the right angle to laser rape someone for so long.