View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 02:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
Welcome back to the fray, Zhukov.

I'd like to learn more about the Tasmanian "Independence Struggle" of the mid '70s to late '80s. Since the relevant material has been censored, are there any books that I can read about this incident?
Well I'm actually writing one myself. There is not much text material around, so mostly it's going to be filled with interviews of people that experienced it. I have a few photos from my own personal collection as well. I've been told that it's going to be impossible to get it published here, so I'm going to have to smuggle it out to my contact in the UK and have it published there.

I can't fly there myself since it's almost impossible to get a travel permit because of my ethnicity.

As far as state support goes, I think you will find, The Leader, that there is almost always some form of government activity going on behind the scenes. It may not be as direct as your cookie cutter view of the world hopes it to be, but it's still there. For instance, the previous New Zealand government (before the right wing conservatives came to power) sent a lot of humanitarian aid to the Tasmanian government in exile for things such as food and shelter. While it wasn't guns and ammunition, it meant that less money had to be spent on food, and more could be spent on bombs etc.