View Single Post
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 01:48 AM        "Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" the Hillary remix
A bill urging President Bush to designate Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a terrorist organization has become a litmus test for the Democratic contenders. Last month, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., voted for the Kyl-Lieberman amendment, joining 29 other Democrats and 47 Republicans as the Senate OK’d the non-binding statement.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21553970/

My personal democratic pick, Joe Biden abstained from the vote. If you told me 2 years ago we would bomb Iran i'd call you a paranoid nutjob. In fact I probably did (hi geggy) Now with polls showing a little over 50% support for that idea and Bush posturing his rhetoric I'm getting nervous.

The reason I never thought it would happen was simple. Not because our troops were stretched thin, but because Iran holds REAL elections. In fact during the mid terms Ahmadinajad's party was voted out EN MASSE and Ahmadinajad's own approval ratings are Bush level. People torched the gas stations after the last gas hike an blamed Ahmadinajad for failure to refine more locally. After his laughable interviews in America Iranian college students carried signs saying "death to the dictator" in Farsi. Now people are blaming his increased rhetoric and nuclear program with bringing harsh sanctions on the country severely hurting their economy and the average worker. He may not even serve out the last two years of his term befor the people demand a recall election. And whoever replaced him will likely be far less extreme in the same direction as him.

It turns out i was as wrong as when I thought people gave a shit about Darfur. When John McKain was asked to comment on his off colour bomb iran joke he told the press to grow a sense of humour. I assumed, and hope i was right but now would like him to specifiy, that's cause he knows that's not a logical option and the only reason to keep it on the table is to make Iran think it's an option and give them more reason to back down. Sadly just like in 2000 he'll never make it to the main election, although this time it won't be due to in party rumours about his adopted black daughter, but I digress.

I think if we want Iraq's neighbours to help us stablize it so we can leave we need to do some ass kissing. Exactly the kind Turkey is getting. Hell we should apologize for not handling the Kurdish seperatist terrorists like our responsibility is, not bitching about some ottoman civil war over 100 years ago. What we do now during this administration, both Bush and Ahmadinijad, will decide if Iran's new president will offer peace keeping troops along the iraqi border.

Oh yeah, I just got back from a holiday in the Philippines, (cambodia didn't sound as nice as the dead kennedy's implied so I went a little southeast) Thanks for reading my wall of text.