Thread: IRAN
View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
At the risk of inviting Abcdxxx back into yet another opportunity to call me an uneducated, Jew-hating, liberal moron... What you are witnessing is not the run up to war with Iran. Iran is and has been the major power in the midEast, up until the point at which we invaded and occupied Afghanistan on one side of them and Iraq on the other. The people of Iran are terrified of an American invasion and the subsequent Iraqification of their homeland and the government of Iran is terrified that everybody's going to find out just how mind-numbingly powerless it really is when compared to the Juggernaut of the Western world.

This, in short, is chess. Our model for Iran is similar to what you can witness for yourself in China: A recalcitrant and sometimes petulant government fully taking credit for a burgeoning economy fueled by an ever increasingly connected capitalist core of businesses ( connecting to the economies of the rest of the modern world. ) The model also allows for Iran to remain, as China, the dominant power within the region. Iran's current suggestion for the latter, as well as a hedge against an American attack, is for it to have nukes. I have already said I believe this not only eventually will but also should happen, and I will elaborate on that, once again, as soon as Abcdxxx shows up to crucify me for blasphemy.

Most of what you are hearing about the inevitability of our war with Iran is coming from the news reports, right? Here's how you feel better about that: Completely ignore anybody that talks about Ahminajihad's rhetoric. That fruitcake is about as much the real leader of Iran as I am the leader of I-mockery. Same thing goes for Hugo Chavez. Those idiots simply represent the people find it better for them to have their interests on the front pages of the world's newspapers. In that respect, they represent us as well, if you think about it. The worst thing that could happen at this point would be for everybody to stop hearing about and thus caring about the most important transition in modern history. We really want this in the public eye, and the only way to insure that is to keep it in the news, and you get that by freaking people out with outrageous reports of imminent doom.

Right now, Condomolyzmishqua Rice and everyone else in State are working their asses off to satisfy Iran's need for legitimacy by some other means than it's possession of nuclear weapons. I hope they succeed, but, if not, don't be surprised when they join us at the adult table. That won't mean war, but it will symbolize one more step to the end of war altogether. I'm pretty sure this sort of concept was what John Edwards was talking about when he was quoted on Israel being the biggest impediment to peace last week...

Get out from under the covers and learn to see past the news, Max!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!