Thread: Stupid Injuries
View Single Post
Forum Virgin

StuntDouble is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 05:08 PM       
I'm surprised I made it through childhood without any major brain damage (debatable) and only a couple of minor broken bones. Seems like most of my injuries are self inflicted though:

-Riding my bike with some friends, I decided to take a shortcut through a grassy field. I was really cruising when I found a hole with my front wheel. After a brief impression of Superman, gravity made me its bitch again, and my bike and I landed in a rather impressive heap. Thankfully I just had some scrapes and bruises from that one.

-I was helping my theater class take apart a set, when I came upon a rather stubborn 2x4 brace above my head. I gave it a good yank and it smacked me on the bridge of my nose. When I woke up, I was still standing up and holding my nose. I thought I was fine, and then the blood started gushing from my nostrils. I was able to get the bleeding to stop, though my nose still remains a little crooked today.

-I decided to use one of my sharpest knives to separate a couple of tuna steaks. While I held them in my hand. Knife split the steaks, and nearly split my pinky. My hand still goes numb if I hit that finger wrong.

-I was standing in the back of a truck at work while we pulled into our parking lot. The person driving swerved kind of sharp, and instead of going right with the truck, I went straight. I flew over the side of the truck, and landed palms and elbows first in a shell parking lot. That's probably the first time I thought I was going to die.

-Most recently, I was carving a keychain trinket for my girlfriend and I slipped with the knife I was using. I sliced lengthwise into my thumb, cutting almost to the first joint. I also shaved off a bit of my thumbnail in the process. 7 stitches later, and my thumb is doing great, even though one side is a bit misshapen.

I'm sure there are many more, but those are the most memorable ones for me.

Chris