View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM       
I'm the only one who didn't want Tadao as a mod, I'm just a jealous fag. Sorry guys.

Kahl, I can see what you are saying. Treat others how you want to be treated after all. This guy goes acid, so by his own sense of justice he should get acid - that's what is fair, and that is what his own values live up to.

But I think that we as a society, and Iran as a society, shouldn't be living up to such a person's values. You guys see this from a one person point of view, as in, make him blind and it stops him attacking again, execute the violent criminals and it stops their violent crime, treat criminals how they treat their victims because that's what they deserve.

I'm looking at it from a perspective of how it affects society. It stops circulating violence if you kill the violent - but only the ones you kill. The rest of society just learns to deal with it's problems violently.

The acid attack problem in Iran is not caused by their justice system though; it's caused by generations of looking down on women as being owned by men. As well as that I don't think their eye for an eye system is helping to change the country into a more open and tolerant one.

In all honesty, if the report was that the woman tracked her attacker down and threw a bucket of acid in his face, I would probably be less disdainful than an organised effort by the government to do it. Still, I'd be somewhat disdainful, but dude got what he deserved.