View Single Post
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM       
Well, I can agree with that, to an extent, but ultimately it's going to come down to how the material is handled. Green Lantern and others could be good, but they botched that one pretty severely. Same goes for Ghost Rider, the Fantastic Four, etc. There's a lot to work with from either company, though.

I literally just finished watching The Dark Knight Rises again, and I can't help but think that it's not big and dumb enough for most people. I fucking loved it and, yeah, it has faults, but nearly every movie does. A lot of the complaints seem to stem from people not realizing that the trilogy is an actual cohesive series with a story, and it's not just a trio of blockbusters to showcase explosions and witty banter. I mean, it has those things, but there's more to it than that and there has been since the first movie. Something like The Avengers is going to be more enjoyable for a breezy, colorful movie where you don't really care too much about what's going on and can miss minutes at a time to go take a shit and not really miss anything. There's certainly nothing wrong with that, but because these movies came out in the same year, the comparisons happen, even if they shouldn't.

To whatever dumb fuck said that it's a rehash because the League of Shadows shows up: do you just, like, not recognize how stories work? The series started with them, and Batman beginning his crusade and having a future as Batman ahead of him, and it ends with the League and his time as Batman coming to an end. The phrase "coming full circle" just never made it to your part of the trailer park?

That was very funny. Well done.