View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 09:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Dear Cleveland Browns ownership
I'd prefer "Dear Buttheads:"

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns fans, despite this drought [of quality football], have shown your team loyalty rivaling the likes of the Bears or the Packers fans.
Cleveland USED TO BE a feared locale to visiting teams. The DAWG POUND was renowned and dreaded by many away teams, and was usually good for at least one or two delay penalties per game.

At least that's how I remember it.

Quote:
Yet, you make ineffective trades and coaching changes. You couldn't do better than Mangini? Really? You couldn't get the browns a decent offensive and defensive line?
Yes, they could have done better. A steaming brown paper bag of crap. A bucket of warm spit. Somebody's dead grandmother. All of which undoubtedly would have come cheaper than Mangini.

Quote:
You owe us Browns ownership. People do not want to spend hard earned money in this economy on a team that the ownership clearly does not have any real interest in making into a Super Bowl contender. Fix this now, lest your hubris in taking your team's fans for granted will come back to haunt you and you stop selling seats.
Unfortunately, the only part of your "open letter" to which I disagree. Football fans are like lemmings. They'll buy season tickets on a wing and a prayer of a hope that the team will actualy win a few games.

Seriously, that drubbing by the Ravens may have had a similar effect on me. I feel for you, bro'.
You may already be there.