Thread: Board games
View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM       
Sadly, Defenders didn´t get a german release yet according to the gamestore-dude where I got my copy of Claustrophobia today. Really slick, great box (sadly it was damaged but at least I got it cheaper that way along with another Thunderstone-Promocard (?)...whatever. Guess I´ll try it out tomorrow but I already simulated the first and third scenario...really nice. Very fast, very combat-oriented and most of the time, the demon-player seems to be at an advantage. Whatever he rolls, he can do something useful with his dice even if it is just reserving one for the next round or getting more cards and summoning-tokens.

Just for fun, I´ll describe the two scenarios I´ve played. The whole game takes place in the hell-dorado world which I´ve never heard of before but it´s pretty simple. It´s the 15th century and deep below New Jerusalem, ancient tunnels where discoveres. Early expeditions never came back so the awesome Redeemer-Guy ventures down there with a bunch of convicts and discovers...yeah, well, it´s just hell again, but I like the theme.

In Scenario 1, the Human player takes control of 3 survivors led by the Redeemer, following a faint breeze of fresh air, hoping to find the exit. A simple scenario but it teaches the game quite well. It takes about 10 Rooms to reach the exit so the Demon player has plenty of opportunity to mess things up for the humans. Still, my emulated human player won in the end because the hired blades can slip past enemies most of the time and it was enough to save 2 of my 4 guys.

Scenario 3 is a quest to find the leader of the Hordlings, a Soulcollector demon deep within his lair. It uses the same mechanic as the first scenario but the demon can spawn a shitload of Hordlings on the way to the central chamber. This time, Demon-Oxblood won very easily even though the human Brutes defended the Redeemer valliantly :P

Overall it seems to be a really nice game, great production value, nice prepainted Miniatures, easy to understand and very fast gameplay...I like it