View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM       
So because torturing doesn't always work (like most forms of interrogation) we shouldn't use it at all? (do you think all forms of intelligence gathering are always 100% accurate?) Everybody knows people will say anything to get out of torture(or jail or anywhere else they don't want to be), that's why you have trained professionals doing it who can tell who's lying. It's just like with police interrogations. Did you know people lie in police interrogations ALL THE TIME? and yet they still do it. HOW STRANGE IS THAT? Sometimes I wonder how criminals are even sent to jail!
I'm surprised that you guys are surprised that sometimes criminals lie when they get caught and want to protect their fellow men in arms. them lying is WHY you torture them, so they will stop lying!

Espionage doesn't always have the most accurate information, either. That's the nature of information itself. If they don't get any reliable information, why do they continue doing it? SOME reliable information must've came out of it. How much intel has been available over the past few years about iraqs WMDS? How much of it was just plain wrong?

The only thing I agreed with was that moral decensy must be maintained in an insurgency war, but one important thing to consider is that the insurgents DONT HAVE THE SAME MORALS AS US and aren't necessarily going to respond to it in the same way. I still have yet to see a crazy muslim video or shirt that says, "TORTURE IS BAD MMKAY, OF T HE AMERICAS".