View Single Post
The stealer of Pies
SunnyD is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM       
*WARNING SPOILERS*
KillSmiley:
I speak spanish, so maybe I can help you out here. At the end of the movie, the ultimate test the faun gives her is to kill her baby half-brother with said dagger. she refuses and would rather die or be hurt herself then to harm an innocent child. she passes the test. fidning the dagger, from what i understand, is supposed to be one of those fairy tale elements. the way children always know where to go or where to look, but from what i remember the fuan told her where to go. that and she had the fairies helping her out.

*END SPOILERS*

this is just one of those gorgeous movies that captures the feeling of a genuine fairytale. the kind where you're supposed to be kind of scared ESPECIALLY the part with the pale man. also, part of the argument for the fantasy elements being real is her stepfather locks her in her room as punishemnt. she talks to the faun and when she's running from the pale man, she draws a door to leave that realm and ends up in a completely different part of her house. how did she get there if the fantasy wasn't real?