Thread: Diablo 3
View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 07:37 AM       
So I get this email (title Diablo III beta test invitation):

Quote:
Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We’re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary’s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:
* Battle.account name:
* Password:
* E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!
Let's put aside the fact that I never signed up for diablo 3 beta for a moment while i address a couple things.

-This is exactly how the email looked, there were no pictures of the game, art, or graphic logos

-Blizzard will never ask for your email, account name, or password.

It seems obvious, and I am pretty sure most people here would see right through this. I only bring it up because this is the first wave and these phishing emails will get more sophisticated as time passes.