View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 02:56 PM       
Played through AC: Revelations. I did like ACII a lot, but if I wasn't getting these games for cheap, I think I'd have dumped the series by now.

I'll just go ahead and restate the obvious: they're just applying minor changes in the game that really don't enhance the gameplay at all, and at times seem to have just the opposite effect. I can honestly say, for example, that I never thought to myself, "Assassin's Creed is fun, but you know what it really needs: a tower defense mini-game!"

I'm mainly in because I'm curious to see how they're going to wrap up that framing device where Mr. Bland in the future is supposed to be doing stuff when he's not in the VR machine watching his ancestor gouge people's faces with a giant meat hook. They give you a little more at the end of this one, but the more they expand, the weaker and more strained the plot becomes.

Spoilers!

Oh, and when a couple of assassins are kidnapped, Ezio tells his team that they cannot negotiate with kidnappers. Then, when his girlfriend is kidnapped a few hours later, he can't cave to the kidnapper's demands fast enough. I guess being a hypocrite is supposed to be covered by his "nothing is true, everything is permitted" creed.