View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
I don't know about that. Countries don't collapse if they are in the black.
No one is saying that the USSR wasn't in trouble, it most definatly was. I don't think the USSR could have lasted long in it's current state, a few years maybe. This wouldn't have been too hard for the Party to achieve. Unfortunatley for Russia, they couldn't, and they jumped ship, throwing away all that had been achieved at the same time as they threw out the old decaying structure of government. I beleive it was "change" in the wrong directon.

If you agree that Russia is worse now, then surely it must be 'in the black' too? Or are you just refering to living conditions as opposed to the ecnomy?

Quote:
Think about it, why did the people feel this "change" was necassery?
Well, most people didn't get much of a say in it. Despite there being alot of people on the streets at the time, there was nver any democracy in the event. That isn't to say that people wouldn't have wanted to throw out the "communists"

Quote:
Two words actually, and they fit the context.
Quote: