View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 11:03 PM       
Of course, after eating the Mothman Pancake, it's all downhill from there. We went to the Little Miss Mothman pageant, but that wasn't nearly as well-attended:

Took in some more sights, including this long-rotted squash arrangement that had assumed a vaguely mothman-like shape:

And did a final pass by the creepiest house we've seen in a while.

Weirdly enough, the guy next door to this place had an immaculately manicured lawn and a sign that said POINT PLEASANT LAWN OF THE MONTH. Well, sure, by comparison. I really wanted to get a shot of the two houses together, but the guy spotted my camera and came out talking, trying to distract me by chatting about the festival, so that was a no-go.

A little of the ominous Point Pleasant atmosphere tried to hitch a ride back with us...when we had the car door open, a completely black cat tried to jump in.

So it was back over the Silver Memorial Bridge, past the gloomy cooling towers and through the ghost town of Cheshire, Ohio, toward home.

Never did see the actual Mothman. At least, I don't think I did.