Thread: The War on Kids
View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
IDK, what can you do about it? It's like one guy said at the end of the film, we adopted a set of rules for teaching kids in school and believe it is the best possible way in the whole world to teach kids.
Well, now that gets into my thought that no one can change anything no matter what, humanity's gonna be their own end, :philosophicalmasturbation, et cetera. Smart people are always gonna be outnumbered. I don't know what I can do about it. I don't know how to change things. But I know it's wrong. :howardbeale But I know things have to change, or else America's just gonna continue to spiral into fucking oblivion.

Part of me says "fuck it" and leave every person to be out for themselves. But this disgustingly human-sympathizer part of me is just so fucking angry and sad about all of the wrong things in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Home schooling is great, but your kids will then lack in social skills and street survival lessons. :(
I don't believe that. Not for a minute. I was a goddamn recluse until my Junior year in high school. I had one friend. A parent can make his or her kid go outside or take them to the playground and tell them to leave the house and not come back for a few hours. Not all homeschoolers and unschoolers are coddling bitches. I know a few kids that were homeschooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader
It seems like it's about the same as it has always been. There are just different fads.
I haven't lived for an entire century, so I don't know how all the trends have been treated. I don't have a frame of reference and know that only the people that make the media can tell the story. But I gotta believe it, man. I just gotta. I don't want to think about the world just cycling through its incompetence.