View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 04:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Downloaded Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Man, that game is frustrating, and not in a good way. I prefer Castle Crashers to be honest. Moving is just really slow, and attacks never seem to connect as often as they should. Plus the enemies are just cheap. Good beat 'em ups like Turtles in Time were feasible solo, but this requires some grinding. Some parts of the game, like breaking down the doors in Lv 3, just couldn't be done as far as I could tell (unless I needed to level up or buy more stuff, but come on man.) None of the upgrades really feel meaningful, unlike Castle Crashers.

Oh, and lack of online co-op really sucks, but to make it worse, there's zero Drop-in or Drop-out function, so all four players need to be there, in the living room, from start to finish. They better patch this.

At least the soundtrack is awesome, and it's got cute nods here and there to games and the comics, but the charm doesn't make the game much fun on your own, so you need to get other people to play with you if you want to enjoy it.
About the same complaints I have about it. I absolutely love the art and soundtrack but man, Scott has the reach of a 4-year-old and some enemies just make me want to burn them dead. Like those Aliens and Dinosaurs in the Movie-Level, god they suck. Clearly designed for 2+ players. And of course Iīd just say "Oi Phoenix, letīs just play coop!" but nooo I would have to fly to whereever he happens to live to do that. Couch-Coop only is not acceptable in 2010. Retro, yes but stupid. I canīt remember when someone came over to play that kind of Coop...oh wait, that mustīve been in the late 90s probably. Damn.

Still, I like it but itīs mainly the awesome looks that save it.