View Single Post
Official Punching Bag
JakeOfAllTrades is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 06:55 AM       
So I talked to a few friends I actually know about it, and I've decided as romantic as my Train Man plan was, my love life has never worked out that way. I always get further when I follow the advice of the friends I've trusted for years.

That and I've been a bit moody today. This happens when I'm about to ask out a girl, wondering whether she will reject me or accept me. I've gotten a girl's phone number before and I believe it can happen again. The trouble is the self esteem.

It's not that I don't value the advice you've given me. You've helped me toughen up a lot and think about how to approach this girl. But what happens after that? I think that's something I'll have to learn to do without the help of a forum group.

So I'm logging out for a couple of days and if anything good happens maybe you'll hear about it. I won't tell you the girl's name or where she lives, or anything like that. That's just basic privacy. Densha Otoko's love interest was dubbed "Hermes" because he got Hermes teacups from her. Let's call this girl I'm trying to woo "Yomiko" because she looks a lot like Yomiko Readman from Read or Die, only with a different jacket and slightly shorter hair.

So I'm logging out, maybe you'll see me commenting on articles every now and then, but I don't think I'm ready to come back to the forums unless something interesting happens for you to hear about.

If the worst case scenario happens, rejection, you'll probably make fun of me for being such a naive romantic. I've been rejected before, and each time it gets particularly harder to talk to anybody about it every time it happens because I think people don't like hearing about people's failures, only successes in love.

I think I have another condition, the human one. As I get older talking to girls will become easier, and it will be easier to take criticism. But don't expect me to tell you if I got owned by this girl straight away. It will take time for me to confess that. At the same time I probably won't tell you whether I succeed either, I'm a busy man and have lots of things to do.