View Single Post
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 03:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Is there any particular method you'd use to safely locate/sneak up on other players? From what I understand Cherno, Elektro and NW are complete deathtraps because everyone goes there, and I don't want to lose my gun before I put a few notches in the handle, so I was thinking I could just stalk up and down the coastline about 150 meters from the shore and look for people combing the beach for noobs to murder.
The best way to find other players is to get thermal googles. They are very rare, so good luck with that. I'd say that on every server, about 70% of the players are either in Cherno/Elektro or at the large airport. Just use that to your advantage. For instance, the fire stations draw players like ants to a carcass, so just camp in a place where you have a clear shot at the tower windows. Hospitals and stores are other good places to watch out for. If you ask me, that's the asshole way of playing the game, so I don't personally do it.

The beach is really not a good way to find anything. No one cares about killing noobs, 'cause you only get a bandage and a box of painkillers.

If one is against killing other players, the best way to start a new game is to run into a Store and a Hospital and just grab whatever you can. You have nothing to lose at that point, so dying isn't much of a problem. After you have some medical supplies, food, bigger backpack and maybe even a weapon, just head north and loot deer stands and high value barns. After that, you should have a decent weapon and supplies for days.

There are some fixes on the way to remove some of the trolling and hopefully the hackers. They are not on every server, but the number of hackers is increasing. It is not uncommon to run into a player with the best weapons and godmode.