Thread: NCAA Football
View Single Post
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 04:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
A bit early to start the NCAA football talk, but I got pretty excited when I heard the other day that Terrelle Pryor has committed to OSU. How's that taste Toolverine fan?

Not only did the Buckeyes get Pryor, they got 3 top rated offensive linemen to commit as well. Maybe OSU is ready to leap into the 21st century and adopt a full spread offense. Maybe they will finally be able to keep pace with the SEC. It is early, but I can't help but feel optimistic about this development!
They might as well go with the spread. Northwestern, Minnesota, Michigan, and Illinois all run a version of the spread. That seems to be the trend with many teams as of late so why not jump on the bandwagon.

I'm very very excited for this upcoming season. Minnesota finished 1-11 (even losing to 1-AA North Dakota State) with a new coaching staff, schemes, and several true freshmen starting in the secondary. Maybe if 3 defensive starters didn't rape a passed out 18 year old and film it, we would've went bowling. We lost 6 games by a TD or less!

Anywho, even with such a terrible record, coach Tim Brewster pulled in the 17th ranked recruiting class according to Rivals.com, and the 14th best according to recruiting guru Tom Lemming. We had a consensus top 20 class by virtually all major publications, finishing third in the Big Ten behind OSU and Michigan. It's widely considered to be the best class in school history.

QB MarQuise Grey from Indianapolis, IN was the crown jewel of the class. Grey was invited to the prestigious Elite 11 qb camp and played in the US Army All-American game:

Represent:

Next year will not be pretty as we lose All-Big Ten safety Dom Barber (Marion Barber's little bro) and two starting linebackers as well as WR Ernie Wheelwright (67 rec.). Our offense is led by reshirt sophomore Adam Weber who threw 28 TDs against 19 picks. The sky is the limit for that kid. If our defense plays marginally better (returning sophomores need to grow up quick) than last year I still think we can grind out 5 maybe 6 wins.