View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM       
TRANSLATIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
A punk rocker in her thirties?! That's like, old. Like my mom. Punk rock's for like, for young people, right? It only started in the nineties, for crying out loud!

Fuck it. I can't even manage to be passive aggressive about this, it's just too stupid not to make fun of directly. LOGIC TIME! Even though you're a dullard of a thirteen year old gutter rat that has no concept of the passage of time, you will still age! It's a shocking concept, I know. STAY WITH ME, KID, I CAN CLEAR UP THE CONFUSING STUFF FOR YA AFTER CLASS. Therefore, even though you are thirteen years old now, at some point in the future, you will be thirty years old. Don't panic, that's in what we call the "future". In this 'future' you will have and will still be going through a process called "aging".

Now, with this in mind, if this applies to you, we can assume that it also applies to other people. So, if we take, say, a twenty year old punk rocker, and look at her in the future, she will have aged! Holy shit! Wow! Looka that brain calculation! It's a fuckin mind popper!

But, you say, "what does this have to do with what I was talking about?" This is because you're not exactly what scientific experts would classify as "the sharpest tool in the shed". You see, punk rock has been around for a long time. More than ten years, in fact! Heck, try more than fifteen! Wow! You know what? It's been around since the seventies!

Now, by this point your eyes have glazed over and you are drooling consistently. This is because your brain has shut down. It's a very special brain, somewhat similar to a that of a bug's. It has received a lot of information, and does not have the capacity to connect it all together, so your mental self defenses have kicked in. But hold on just a bit longer, because I'm about to connect it aaaaaaaall together for you!

You will be older in the future, this is called "aging"! This rule also applies to other people! In fact, the reason other people are older than you is because they were born in what we call the "past"! The "past" extends back to before you were born, and people older than you were actually born before you! Hence, a punk rocker that was "young" in the seventies can now be as old as your mom!

And now with the initial tenderizing done, I was intrigued by Sappington's "Johnny Napalm" comment, so I googled Johnny Napalm! He's apparently a character from Guitar Hero, Sappington's only education in the world of punk rock! Point and laugh!