Thread: Board games
View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 09:28 AM       
Alright. So I thought "ah, there won´t be that many people in Essen, I´ll just walk in there, get what I want, maybe look around a bit and be on my way an hour later".

I waited around the entrance with about fifty billion other people for an hour because those guys in Essen aparently thought the same thing I did and were totally overrun by people wanting to buy tickets. Kinda fun though since the crowd cheered louder each time the convention-guys did something right like opening more than ONE fucking ticket booth.

Anyway, 51st State, 7 Wonders and the german version of Thunderstone (cause one of my boardgame buddies doesn´t speak english and get´s nervous if he´s forced to read something aloud) are mine now and I´m happy about it. But man are there some strange and ugly people on this planet...I´m a fucking beautyqueen in comparison and size...

Nice atmosphere too. People sitting around everywhere playing games, designers chatting with fans, a very calm and friendly convention, lots of families too. People with lots of suitcases, bags, packed like a mule with games they bought there...nice. I guess I´ll go again next year...but then I´m gonna use the press-entrance and go right in.