View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 11:41 PM        Legacy of Kain: Defiance
I just got this game yesterday, and I must say, this is my favorite game from the entire Legacy of Kain series (yes, that includes Blood Omen, you Raziel hating pricks!)

The combat system is entirely redone, as is the camera, and it is all for the better. The graphics are very pretty on my XBox, but I haven't seen any PS2 shots. Probably just as decent.

The storyline follows that of the Soul Reaver series, mostly, but it does delve into the storyline of Blood Omen, as well. All in all, it is the perfectly well-rounded package. You get to play as both Raziel and Kain, and their stories intertwine between the chapters as you progress.

The usual power-ups for the reaver are here. In other words, the elemental forges are back with a vengence.

I believe that if someone was holding a gun to my head and was forcing me to find a weakness with this game (no, seriously, there is, call the police...) I would have to say the camera angles. They are different than previous installments, and sometimes (very rarely, however) they can be a little cumbersome.

All in all, though, this is a must own for any lover of either the Blood Omen or Soul Reaver series (no, it doesn't have to be both). You owe it to yourselves to pick this gem up as soon as you can.