Thread: OMNI MMA Thread
View Single Post
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Kimbo isn't anything special. Gary Shaw, the owner of EliteXC, is just building him up. Who did he fight before Thompson? uhhhh Tank Abbot? That guy hadn't won a fight it what, nine years? Gary Shaw is feeding Kimbo can after can just to inflate his Heavy Weight Champion's record.

I don't know about yall, but the fight I was watching was pretty much what and what til the 3rd round. You can see in the replay where Thompson is pretty much seeing stars as his face is getting pummeled. I agree that the fight stoppage was fuc*in horrible, but Thompson was about to be kissing the mat.

I think many of the UFC fighters could make quick work of Kimbo. He simply has zero ground game and his striking isn't technical enough. Tito, Babalu, Shogun, Mir, Lyoto, Couture, etc etc would all make very quick work of Kimbo.

Kimbo to his credit, does have a chin of steel and a heart of melted down pawn shop jewlery gold, but if he fought another brawler, say Wandy, Chucky, or even Big Bob Sapp we could always hope for another
Frye\Takayama
Very well said. The guy is going to be in for a rude wake-up call if (probably more so when) he cracks into UFC.